Smolak & Vaughan LLP serves as general counsel to various small and mid-size businesses, routinely advising clients with regard to general legal issues arising in connection with the operation of their businesses and assisting with matters of corporate governance and formality. The firm regularly assists clients with matters such as entity selection and business formation for start-up organizations and for the creation of project specific investment vehicles. We have experience with the acquisition and sale of businesses and corporate assets, and familiarity with all areas of business law, including general contracting matters, licensing agreements, shareholder agreements, employment contracts and non-competition agreements. Attorneys with the firm have represented clients in the following types of transactions.
- Represented employees of US subsidiary of Belgian corporation in connection with their purchase of a minority stake in parent company
- Represent US technology start-up company in connection with sale of equity interests to non-US investors
- Represented closely-held Massachusetts corporation in connection with the retirement and redemption of long term shareholders and the investment in the corporation by employees
- Represented Massachusetts real estate and investment company in connection with numerous commercial loan transactions
- Represented CEO of VC-backed technology in employment contract negotiations with corporation's Board of Directors
- Formed numerous limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships and joint ventures, and provide ongoing corporate representation
- Provide advice relative to structuring business entities for various real estate development and affordable housing providers, including the negotiation of equity participation arrangements.
- Represented CEO of US subsidiary of Turkish corporation in employment contract negotiations with parent corporation