Real Estate and Corporate Finance
| Print |
We have extensive experience in representing both institutional and private lenders and borrowers throughout New England in a broad range of loan, financing and investment transactions, including real estate, asset-based, commercial/industrial and special industry loans (such as affordable housing lending) and structured and project finance transactions, including:
- Asset Based and Commercial/Industrial Lending - The firm has extensive expertise in secured lending transactions, including asset based loans, structured finance and traditional commercial and equipment financing. We can efficiently effect and follow the perfection of security interests in multiple jurisdictions.
- Real Estate - The firm has represented institutional lenders in short-term, long-term and construction lending secured by real estate and leaseholds throughout New England.
- Private Debt/Equity Transactions - The firm has experience representing borrowers and investors in connection with negotiation, structuring and implementation of private equity investments, loans and joint ventures.
- Problem Loans, Workouts, and Loan Modifications - The firm has experience in representing lenders in workouts, reorganizations, loan modifications, and other problem loan situations, including, foreclosures, and general liquidation matters.
Attorneys in the firm have been involved in the following transactions:
- Represented developer in the $3,900,000.00 construction loan financing for a 36-unit age-restricted residential condominium project approved under Chapter 40B.
- Represented national banking institution, as lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with making and syndication of $64,000,000.00 acquisition and construction loan.
- Represented privately held corporation in a $15,000,000.00 private debt and equity financing transaction involving the issuance of senior subordinated notes with attached warrants, and the refinancing of its debt and equity structure to include the issuance of new senior, subordinated and junior subordinated notes
- Represented lender in financing of 100-unit townhouse condominium project pursuant to Chapter 40B Comprehensive Permit Law.
- Represented lender in financing of 278-unit residential project pursuant to the Chapter 40B Comprehensive Permit Law.
- Represented financing company in connection with national franchise program providing real estate and equipment financing nationally to fast food franchisees.